The URBANDATA Association is a consortium of urban information providers in European countries. It aims to improve the international exchange and dissemination of information about urban issues and to develop new products and services which will aid those processes.
URBANDATA has been set up as an association under French law. Its members are:
- ES – Spain: Centro de Información y Documentación Cientifica
- DE – Germany: Deutsches Institut für Urbanistik
- EN – United Kingdom: Greater London Authority, Information Services
- FR – France: Association Urbamet
- IT – Italy: Archinet, an association for architectural information
- HU – Hungary: VATI Magyar regionális Fejlesztési és Urbanisztikai Közhasznú Társaság / Hungarian Public Nonprofit Company for Regional Development and Town Planning
- RO – Romania: Centrul de Documentare pentru Construcţii, Arhitectură, Urbanism şi Amenajarea Teritoriului (CDCAS)
URBANDATA publishes the database website URBADOC which contains over 700,000 records of the literature on urban and social research, policy and practice in the countries of its five members and elsewhere.
Other joint projects are planned, including improved access to documents, staff exchanges and co-operation over research and other studies.
URBANDATA also hopes to expand its membership and its coverage by welcoming appropriate organisations from other European countries.